Saturday, December 29, 2007

# 26 - Vichitra and Chanchal - VI

‘Vichitra, this guy is bugging me like hell. He is after my life’ said Chanchal.

‘Who?’ asked Vichitra.

‘Deep who else?’ replied Chanchal as if this was very obvious.

‘Oh! You mean that same guy… the one who had some soccer match a few days ago’ remembered Vichitra. It was after a long time that Chanchal had mentioned about him.

‘Yeah…’

‘So what is the matter?’ asked Vichitra sounding concerned.

‘Nothing much, it’s just that I don’t want to go out with him’ said Chanchal.

‘So tell him that. What is stopping you from doing this?’ advised Vichitra.

‘Yeah I can do that… but I don’t know’ Chanchal sounded very confused.

‘Alright forget about it for the moment. If you don’t want to do something, fine… you don’t have to and neither should you also’ said Vichitra trying to comfort her.

‘Yeah…’

‘So, any plans for tomorrow?’

‘Nothing in particular just that I’ll be going to college’

‘Alright then, let’s talk tomorrow. Goodnight’

‘Goodnight’

The next day Vichitra called her up from his office. It was around two in the afternoon.

‘Hey what’s up?’ cheerfully asked Vichitra.

‘Nothing much’

‘Happy Valentines day’

‘Same to you man’ Chanchal sounded very casual and tried to downplay the occasion.

‘So where are you? At college?’ asked Vichitra.

‘Yeah’

‘Vichitra I want to tell you something’ added Chanchal.

‘Tell me’

‘I have accepted his proposal’

‘Ok’ Vichitra just didn’t know what to say. He knew who she was referring to.

There was a fifteen-second awkward silence between them before Vichitra could think of what to say.

‘But didn’t you say he was bugging you and you didn’t want to go out with him?’

‘Yeah… I thought so but I couldn’t help it’ casually replied Chanchal.

‘We have been going around for a month now; it was just that it got formal today’ added she.

‘But still’ Vichitra was blank now.

‘Arre you won’t understand’ said Chanchal.

Vichitra thought if there was anyone who didn’t understand it was she and not he.

‘We have already been behaving like a couple, and doing things and all’ Chanchal added.

‘Alright cool’ funnily enough Vichitra couldn’t think of anything else to say.

‘Anyways I should go now; gotta some work to do’

More than being angry or disillusioned after having this conversation, Vichitra was just amused.


© 2007 Ankur Shanker
Archives

3 comments:

711Coffee said...

i like this story more than the other onces . this looks more real and factual

Hope u continue it

Sonalika Chaturvedi said...

I don't like it AT ALL!!!

But I'll return to ur blog!!

Ankur Shanker said...

[Manish] Thanks for visiting the blog. And yeah I will definitely continue the Vichitra series.

[The Dryad] Thanks for visiting the blog.


Your Ad Here