Thursday, January 3, 2008

# 29 - Vichitra and Chanchal - VIII

Chanchal was very hurt. After her latest romantic stint she decided she would never get emotional about anyone ever.

Now that Vichitra knew Chanchal was no longer going around with Deep, he was also in his usual jovial state. They had again become terrific friends; it was as if nothing had happened.

One fine day he was talking to her on the phone and another surprise was waiting for him.

‘Vichitra, can I ask you for a favor?’ asked Chanchal very sweetly.

‘Yeah tell me’

‘Well do you promise you’d do it?’

‘Arre first tell me and then I will see’ Vichitra was playing it safe.

‘Hmm... Can you call Deep and find out how is he doing?’

Vichitra was thunderstruck. He thought everything was over between them; Chanchal never failed to give him shocking surprises.

‘Why do you want me to do it?’ Vichitra managed to say.

‘I don’t know but I know you can do it. If I wouldn’t ask you then who would I ask?’

Vichitra felt good at hearing this. But still!

‘You can do it yourself also?’ asked Vichitra.

‘I don’t want to call him’ snapped back Chanchal.

‘And you still want to know about him’ replied Vichitra. There was a tinge of anger in his voice.

‘Yes’

‘Then ask one of your friends to do it. I am sure you have a lot many friends at college’

‘No! I want you to do it. He doesn’t know you.’ Chanchal was as persistent as Vichitra was resistant.

‘Hmm… I can’t do that’

‘Why?’

‘I don’t know’ Vichitra really didn’t know why he didn’t want to do that. He thought it was something he was just not supposed to do.

‘Alright forget it then. It’s fine…’ said Chanchal.

‘Ok bye’ And she hung up the phone.

Vichitra thought she was angry with him. Although he couldn’t come up with a convincing reason as to why he should call the guy but still he decided to go ahead with it. After all, he just had to make a call. It was something he could certainly do for her.

He called her up after five minutes.

‘Alright what is his mobile number?’ asked Vichitra.

‘No it’s fine. If you don’t want to you don’t have to’ replied Chanchal.

‘Can I have the number?’ asked Vichitra authoritatively.

‘No. I said you don’t have to’ Chanchal was equally adamant.

‘Alright then… you can call me when you think you can tell me the number’

Vichitra disconnected the call even before she could say anything.

It was Chanchal’s turn now to think that Vichitra was angry. She called him up immediately.

‘Yeah take down the number’


© 2008 Ankur Shanker
Archives

2 comments:

711Coffee said...

Dude U r script and seems to be good.

Keep posting

Ankur Shanker said...

[Manish] Thanks!


Your Ad Here